Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Swimming

Our class walked down to the pools to go for swimming. As we entered I could feel the warmth that surrounded me. It was a really warm place until we hopped into the pool. The big pool was freezing and a lot of the students in my class wanted to go to the warm pool.

We had to swim three lengths of the pool without touching the ground.It was like our test to see if we learnt anything. “You could swim any way you like” the instructor said. I was so relieved when the instructor said that because I’m not a very good swimmer. I was so happy when I finished because I didn't touch the ground.

As I got out of the pool I could feel my knees and thighs starting to hurt. I was so tired when I finished, I hope we were doing something fun after. Just as I sat down Miss Paget said we had free time in the swimming pool I was so happy.
Swimming is very important in NZ because too many people are drowning because they don’t know how to swim. Start practising swimming now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Uili,

    You have a very neat piece writing here. It explains all about what you did down at the swimming pool. I would like to see what you can do in the swimming pool. Wyatt

    ReplyDelete